Conversion of an existing, dilapidated retail building and the former home of a historic retail location since 1849. The new 350-seat performance venue was designed specifically for Irvin Mayfield and the New Orleans Jazz Orchestra. The facility also houses practice space, education facilities, and the New Orleans Jazz Archive. The structure features modified roof trusses and a new structural steel girder to accommodate views from the new light gauge mezzanine. This project won an Excellence in Historic Preservation award from the Louisiana Landmark Society in 2015. We were honored to be on a team that included Kronberg Wall Architects, Redmellon Restoration and Development, and Landis Construction Company. The award was featured in the Greater New Orleans Times-Picayune.